The Society of the Sacred Heart is an international community of women religious in the Catholic Church, founded in 1800 by Saint Madeleine Sophie Barat. Sharing her vision and mission, we are convinced of the centrality of prayer and contemplation in our lives. We are committed to discovering and making God’s love visible in the heart of the world through the service of education. Conscious that what we do, we do together, and remembering a tradition marked by a love for young people and missionary spirit, the Religious of the Sacred Heart carry out this service of education:
- Especially in the work of teaching and formation
- In other activities for human development and the promotion of justice
- In pastoral work and guidance in the faith. (1982 Constitutions of the Society of the Sacred Heart, #13)
The Society of the Sacred Heart, United States – Canada Province, welcomes all people into its employ; the Society respects and strives for diversity, openness, understanding and acceptance of all human beings.
Summary of Position
This is a full-time, exempt position located in St. Louis, Missouri. This position will partner with all departments and ministries in the day-to-day IT services. Specifically, this position will be the only IT professional at the St. Louis Provincial Office, therefore this person will have a lot of autonomy and opportunity to make it their own. This person will also manage normal IT infrastructure but also help us pull together data to make better management decisions. This position provides hands-on support for all trouble shooting issues. This position requires some travel and weekend work. The ideal candidate is familiar with working in a nonprofit environment and wearing the IT hat as well as being willing to perform other duties as assigned.
Reporting and Working Relationships
This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer but partners with all departments, including at Stuart Center, a ministry in Washington, D.C.; Oakwood, an eldercare facility in Atherton, California; and RSCJ members that live throughout the United States for technology and communication needs.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities
- A critical component of this position is being in a “help desk” role and trouble-shooting issues that may be arising for an individual and providing all technological support.
- This position requires an individual to be strategic and forward thinking about what the Province may need and then managing and implementing those needs.
- Initially, this role will spend time in making the Province IT department “professional” in setting up a help desk ticketing program; creating an inventory of all Province equipment; and drafting, improving and memorializing IT processes and procedures regarding purchasing, vendors, equipment use, etc.
- Provides training to team and staff, as needed
- Works directly with RSCJ visiting the U.S. on their technology needs
- Primary contact for certain vendors, including security system, phone system, Vidyo and Zoom conferencing
- Maintaining network and server
- Expertise and familiarity with:
- Internet and Intranet concepts, protocols and connection options
- Network security models and methods
- Microsoft networking components and server applications
- Software licensing standards, documentation and tracking systems
- Network back-up methods and emergency/disaster recovery
- PC virus protection, detection, removal and prevention, and teleconferencing systems
Education and Experience Requirements
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar field desired but minimum of an associate’s degree or its equivalent required
- Any industry certifications are desirable
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting and repairing IT issues
- Design procedures for the use of IT resources
- Advise COO with the goal of making the appropriate and forward-thinking IT decisions and choices
- Oversee, track and measure system and network performance
- Oversee and track IT inventory, licenses and other equipment
- Familiarity with databases, like Raiser’s Edge
- Is able to handle confidential material and situations with discretion, integrity and sensitivity; ensures that a high level of confidentiality and discretion is maintained in collaboration with all staff, religious and other stakeholders
- Demonstrates a collaborative, team-player attitude with a strong customer-service orientation
- Strong communication skills and ability to craft and create training materials
- Is able to handle multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day. Is able to maintain a flexible schedule coming in early or staying late, if needs indicate. Travel and weekends may be required.
- Is able to communicate effectively with a variety of people (both in person and on the telephone) and handle, calmly and efficiently, situations ranging from routine to emergency
- Is able to serve a number of departments, as required
- Possesses excellent memory skills and organizational ability, in order to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently without a lot of supervision; is task-oriented and self-motivated to get work accomplished
- Experience and knowledge of websites a plus
- Willingness to learn about the Society’s mission and participate in mission activities
- Abide by Catholic social teaching
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience. The Society of the Sacred Heart, United States – Canada Province, is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding employees through a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please send cover letter and resume by email to Antonia Ponder at email@example.com with “IT Administrator” in the subject line.